Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Colors for Cottage Style Furniture

Our color inspiration here at the Pink Pig for Spring came from a recent treasure hunt I spoke about on an earlier post. A former Bed & Breakfast here in the Adirondacks was filled with bedrooms full of antique Cottage Furniture in this perfect shade of pale green.

 
  

I remember walking from bedroom to bedroom hoping to find more treasures. I caught a glimpse of myself from a dresser mirror and realized that I had a big smile on my face. I chuckled because it was the upbeat and happy color of these wonderful pieces of a bygone era that really made me smile.

Beautiful beds....charming dressers...small side tables, all in this most perfect shade of green. I took all these treasures back to the shop and decided that I would leave these pretty finds untouched from painting to keep their sense of style through this amazing color.

I love this shade of green as a way to add a splash of color in any room. As I glanced around the shop, I realized I managed to fill it with other finds in a variation of this same happy color....like this Faith, Hope & Charity Sign.


French Floral Pillows on a dreamy white sofa.


A beautiful hand-painted Torchiere lamp, my wicker front porch settee or even my vintage green glass bottles which I use for display.


A ribbon necklace done in hushed teal with pale brown trim - rough aquamarine stones dangle below and can be worn as a necklace or wrapped around your wrist as worn as a bracelet.


Vintage tin heart ornament made using antique ceiling tin adorned with an vintage crystal chandelier prism and then hung on a pretty matching ribbon.


Imagine this - coming from a gal who names her shop the Pink Pig. Anyway my new color inspiration this Spring is green and I welcome your thoughts and comments on what your favorite decorating color is and how you use it for inspiration in your home.



Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. How can you not be inspired but that color! Gorgeous!!!

    Napkin rings were shipped a couple of days ago, hope you like them!
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little tables you found! I would say green and blue is my spring color.
    Back to check out more of your blog.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful items. I adore those glass bottles!
    Pale green has such a calming quality. I'd choose it for my bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What gorgeous pieces ... so enjoyed.

    I see that you are following me on feedsackfantasy.com. Would you remove yourself from this blog as it will close down shortly & follow me on our new blog ~ blushingrosetoo.blog.

    TYSM.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a subtle and calming color to incorporate into your life. I love how you showed it in the home accessories as well as jewelry. Red seems to sneak its way into my house more often than any other. Which is funny since i really don't wear that much red. I think it gives me an energy boost in my home decor.

    ReplyDelete