Friday, February 19, 2010

Searching for Antique Treasures - Cottage Style in the Adirondacks


I recently went on a house call to look at a unique mansion full of Cottage Style Furniture.  This mansion called "Cobblestone" has an abundance of history as well as architectural design. With natural stone and log decor, this mansion featured several stone fireplaces along with 13 spacious rooms of fantastic hardwood floors and magnificent stone archways.  I was amazed as I walked from room to room to find one treasure after another.

I entered a large sleeping porch through a wall of french leaded glass doors. The room was filled with natural light and beautiful vintage wicker in an amazing shade of pink.

Gorgeous wallpaper
I climbed the massive staircase to the second level only to find this AMAZING wall of beautiful wallpaper.


Walking room to room I continued to find bedrooms filled with pretty blue painted dressers....fantastic twin beds with curved footboards and ticking fabric mattresses and various small tables each with their own unique design.



I have my work cut out for me! Visit us again as I bring each of these amazing examples of true Cottage Style Furniture back to it's original beauty.




Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

  1. AAAAHH! I am so envious I remember those big compounds ....!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO you need HELP??????? Fantastic finds, enjoy every minute of it, not too many times in our lives we are offered such treasures!!!
    That bed is 2DIE4!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each picture was like a little fantasy come true. Each time I look at that little pink wicker dream...I die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore all of the painted pieces! What a find...

    Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a cottage bonanza! I loved every single thing.

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm so jealous of all of your finds! LOVE THE BLUE PAINT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep returning to this blog post so I can stare at the wallpaper one more time.

    Ali Walsh @ Dolan Geiman
    dolangeiman.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even know what to say--I'm so envious. The furniture, yes, is fabulous but the house?!?! the backdrops for photos?!?! Do you get access to go back to the house to? The walls and floors are beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun this is going to be for you! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WONDERFUL STUFF! I can't pic a fav! LOVe your blog and the name...too darn cute! Glad I found ya!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have received so many wonderful comments on my new finds. Thank you all and i hope you will stop back to see these jewels brought back to life. Now if it would only stop snowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a treat to be able to find such beautiful pieces of vintage furniture, and what a gorgeous old home! I love the pink wicker!

    I'm so glad you found me so that I could in turn find you!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun project! I LOVE the house and the wood wall!
    Great Blog! Best, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, As much as I abhor living in the Northeast now, I did grow up here. That building looks so familiar, so like the ones we used to see, visit, and play around, when I was a child.

    Yup, I have a history with the Adirondacks.

    ReplyDelete