Saturday, April 10, 2010

Antique Beds for the Cottage

I love antique beds, and here at the Pink Pig our selection is always changing.  Take a peek
at our new selection.  Our latest addition to the collection is a Twin Canopy bed, Adams Style
19th century, with hand painted motif of Satinwood and Maple.


Adams Style Canopy Bed - Circa 1900's
Our Jenny Lind bed is an example of true Country Style.  Jenny Lind was a Swedish-born opera
singer from the 1800's.  She traveled as part of a concert tour promoted by P.T. Barnum and became
known as "The Swedish Nightingale."  As a result of her popularity, people began naming things after
her.  During the Gold Rush, a town in California was even named after her, however the most lasting
was that of the Jenny Lind bed.
Jenny Lind Spindle Bed

We gave this full size poster bed a new look with a fresh coat of paint in linen white and added
some color with the finials in a pale shade of gray.
Cottage Bed

We love finding ways to inspire you with our Cottage Style Furniture - tell us about your latest
piece for your Cottage and what inspires you.  Visit us again soon to view our Iron Bed Collection.



Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely beds! I love the old sleigh beds, too.

    Have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some room for one of those beds! How gorgeous :) although I do live in a cottage LOL happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Jenny Lind one! I am really hoping to find an afforable iron bed one day. I can dream!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white poster bed...it's so ME :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first canopy bed is stunning! Oh, I'd love to have that!

    Just started following you on Twitter (and here now too!).

    Stop by today if you can...my $100 giveaway ends tonight.

    Have a great day! Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These beds are all lovely, but the Jenny Lind is my favorite because it reminds me of one my mother had!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that first canopie bed! I have a canopie bed that is rather old at home, not an antique but I have wanted to do something that would give it a bit more presence! maybe I can do something similar with fabric and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I like the top bed the best. I think painting and refinishing something is always a good project. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I meant to tell you also that I did an earlier post on Transferware and talked about Jenny Lind. There's a transferware pattern named after her!

    Also, my dream would be to live on several acres with my shop there too. We almost did a few years ago but just not quite enough $. Sounds like such a great life you have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi just stopped by for a visit, I needed a little inspiration. :) I love your visit to the farm. Great rooster. I always have loved Jenny Lind beds. The one you painted white looks great.
    I love you blog. I feel like I am just stopping by for a visit with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting today. You are so kind. :) I wanted you to know I added you to my list on the side of my page, so I can watch you. I hope that is okay. :) I love everything you find and make. :) It makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love them all. I have a thing for antique beds too. My husband and I sleep in the double-size (oh, it is cozy and small) painted iron bed that was my bed as a child at our lake cabin. We now live, year-round in our own lake cabin and it fits perfectly. I just discovered you and your blog and wish I lived near. I am in WA State- long drive to Pink Pig! I am also loving your pig and it sure does look like a Cori Dantini original!

    Mermaid Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, You have very good work in your blog, Keep it Up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this post.....I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any recommendations?

    Feel free to surf to my homepage :: airplane simulation games

    ReplyDelete