Monday, March 29, 2010

More Finds For The Farmhouse - The Comfort of the Past

I found a few new pieces in my travels this past week that I thought I would share. Each have a true sense of comfort from the past. I am always attracted to things that show wear, choosing the rough over the pristine every time. I prefer furniture that shows it has not been influenced by worldly style or fashion.

My time spent in this rural countryside, surrounded by wonderful farmhouses and cottages, has taught me the true sense of country living.  It's funny how I find inspiration in vistas others might regard as mundane.




I am enamored with jelly cabinets, hutches, tables and folk art pieces made for local use on the farm. So long ago and far away from the cities and towns where carpenters and cabinet makers toiled in more formal traditions.








I hope you enjoyed my Farmhouse Finds and you will visit often as I share with you my sense of Country Living!



Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. Ack! There rae too many fun things there! I love how the knobs on the armoire don't line up. That just adds to it's quirkiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your country pieces although I'm 100% a city girl. I can totally see them in an apartment in the middle of a big, crazy city!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Debbie, you have captured each so beautifully.
    I, too, love the old barns/structures to photograph.

    Happy Easter!
    Have a beautiful weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful pictures, such a great inspiration. I was speaking to a girl at a social media site for antiques lovers, www.latique.com, who showed similar pics and they're just darling. Makes me want to move out of NYC!

    Happy Easter everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the good blog with good images and good details. Please keep on posting the more stuff. I will like to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds...and I love all of the photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the outdoor shots, and the furniture that is reminiscent of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the laundry cart! How cute for so many things....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about the country style design! Someday, I hope to grow up and have lots & lots of country pieces. (:

    ReplyDelete