Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Birds Of A Feather Flock Together

Nature inspired decor is always in style at the Pink Pig. Our collection at the shop features some old and some new items which have arrived just in time for summer.


Our vintage grain sack pillow called Snow Bird is by Barbara Smith of Buttons Buttons. Original grain sackpillow features a pretty bird in center and this beautiful pillow is finished with a vintage ticking fabric in blue and white stripe.

A pretty Vintage Inspired postcard print ...

or Shadowbox... 

or how about this fantastic oil on canvas.

Collectible plates are always a perfect way to decorate our walls and I love this Westmoreland hand-painted plate with beaded
milk glass trim.

I also love cake stands and I was so excited when this one arrived at the shop. What a great decorative piece for your table!


Tiny trinket boxes with Love Birds in their cage always bring back memories and this pair is just darling. 

A beautiful porcelain vase with embossed birds...


Vintage paper under glass with this fantastic heart charm by Cathy Penton is a classic piece that will always make a statement.


And last but not least there is always the Vintage Birdcage.

My collection goes on and on ....so fly over to my shop and view more of my way of bringing these feathered friends into your home decor.


5 comments:

  1. Just love the bird necklace...very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debbie, I got an email from you on Eco Chic Pink Boutiques. Thanks so much for the note...I have enjoyed the trip to your place...I have always dream of my own shop...I am now a great-granny but still have great dreams of owning my own shop...I loved you blog..."Birds Of A Feather Flock Together" I know is fact! We have so much in common of the love of history...I love the vintage items and have always loved the feedsacks... thanks so much for sharing and asking us to share with you...guess what I have 4 blogs.....OH MY! I need to update all of them..and load up my Etsy shops..Have a HAPPY 4th of July...
    from a Heart of Texas!
    A BIG HUG!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the striped porch floor, happy fourth, heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the feedsack pillow and cakestand I will need to get with you to find your retailor, I would love to carry these in my store!! Tootles, janna

    ReplyDelete
  5. my heart skipped a beat! these are soooo beautiful! they aren't my fave style, but what you did with them is incredible. you are seriously talented, and never undervalue yourself just to make sales- know your worth in this world! the right customers always do come along, given time. and don't you want your pieces to go to the right people who will LOVE them and appreciate them like you do? of course ya do.

    ReplyDelete