Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Some Like It Hot - Contest!

A Marilyn Monroe Collection at the Pink Pig.


I'm sure we all have a movie star that we adore and even years after her death, Marilyn Monroe is still one of the greatest legends of the twentieth century. I have selected a few of my favorites to share with you, several taken by Milton H. Greene. Milton met Marilyn Monroe while on assignment for Look Magazine.





They quickly became friends and formed their own film production company which produced the movies Bus Stop and The Prince and the Showgirl. Marilyn lived with Milton in their farmhouse in Connecticut where is was able to capture some of the most beautiful photographs ever taken of Marilyn Monroe.


Her favorite perfume... Chanel No. 5 of course and I just love this poster of an ad she did to promote the perfume.




Some other Pretty Must-Haves are a wooden trinket box which is velvet lined for all your bling  and a pretty bangle. These notepads are just darling and make perfect gifts.




For that special guy in your life I also feature a leather bound Wine Box with a photo of Marilyn on each side.


A few Marilyn quotes:

"It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on"

"Everyone is a star and deserves a chance to shine"

"I've been on a calendar, but never on time"


The Pink Pig is having a contest! Just leave me a post and tell me who your favorite movie star is and win a $25.00 certificate to my store. Winner will be notified by email. Contest ends May 8 midnight EST.


7 comments:

  1. You are going to sell out. We can't keep up with the Monroe around here. Everyone loves her, men women an specially young girls! Everything Monroe we bring to the store sells!
    Marcela & Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love Marilyn Monroe!

    My favorite actor of all time is Carey Grant. You just can't go wrong with his movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE SO MANY FAVORITES, BUT I THINK THE GREATEST OF ALL IS JOHN WAYNE! AND I REALLY ADMIRE MARILYN MONROE. I THINK THERE'S SO MUCH MORE THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT HER LIFE! LADYHIGHTOWER@LIVE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Monroe & James Dean with a little Elvis are my Favs

    Hello.. I am having a giveaway too..lol
    stop bye and Join {please}

    {TTFN}
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so beautiful! I love Marilyn, but my favorite actor of all time has to be Jimmy Stewart. I'm a sucker for the boy next door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't beat Marilyn Monroe. If I had to pick a male "some like it hot" it would be James Dean.

    Love that Marilyn bangle

    ReplyDelete
  7. marilyn Monroe- my favorite!! Thanks for sharing and also for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment! Daisy~

    ReplyDelete