Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Tree Photo Contest Winners

Thank you to everyone who submitted photos for my 2008 Christmas Tree Contest. I really enjoyed looking through them all and even shared them with my family. It was quite difficult to choose a winner because I had so many beautiful trees sent in this year by my readers. You all did a wonderful job decorating for the holidays. The joy and passion for your trees really showed.


It is my pleasure to present to you the winners of the 2008 Pink Pig Christmas Tree Contest.



CONGRATULATIONS!
1st Place - $100 Gift Certificate to the Pink Pig


Laurie Beggin
http://www.27lauriebethbeggin.etsy.com
http://www.lauriebethbeggin.blogspot.com























I chose this photo because it say's it all. Christmas filled with love and joy.



2nd Place - $50.00 Gift Certificate to the Pink Pig
Artie Vanderpool
http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com

















This picture really shows an elegant, beautiful Christmas Display. I only wish I were invited to dinner.


Happy New Year to all my Pink Pig readers and customers. I'm looking forward to 2009 and all the new surprises I have to share with you.



5 comments:

  1. Oh cool, I know Laurie and Artie!!!

    Congratulations my blogging buddies!!!

    Laurie, wow, what a cute pic and is that a silver ceiling??? Details, please!

    I loved Artie's pheasant feathered tree and he really knows how to throw a party, hope I'm invited one day ;)

    Happy New Year, what an awesome contest!!!

    Bella
    Bella Casa blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!!! Yeaaahhhhh I am sitting here saying outloud,,"I won! I won!" Oh yeaaah! My best friend Denise is here for New Years! I want to go wake her up and tell her so we can do a jig and go pick out some seriously cool stuff. I LOVE Pink Pig...oh thank you SO much! That is my new daughter in law and son! It's their very first Christmas together and we were celebrating at our house. They will be so happy. I am also going to post a link on facebook of the site and blog about it too. Whhooohhooo! Laurie B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bella, sorry, didn't see your comment I was so excited. Yes that is a tin ceiling. We found the craftsman in Canada (we live in central illinois) We purchased The Olde Farmhouse 3 years ago, circa 1880. and needless to say we have had to gut and restore three rooms (thus far) Ceilings were taken out to the lathes, floors were removed and WE laid new hardwood floors, doorways were raised, it's been hard work. We have yet to tackle the upstairs. It's very chopped up so I think it's going to be a "knock all the walls out and completely redo the floor plan" kinda deal. But yes, the ceiling is a tin ceiling, created the old fashioned way by rolling each piece of tin through a roller to stamp the design. Hugs, Laurie B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful! Thank you so much! I don't know that I've ever won anything when it comes to design or interiors. I'm SOOO Excited! A million thank you's, and congratulations Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Through Artie's blog I learned that he was a contest winner. I love the story that Laurie tells about the photo--the "huggers" caught the joy of the season. I noticed that tin ceiling, too! And Artie's tree is sophisticated and brings that whole corner together for a holiday look. Congrats to both of you! Fieldstone/Pam from RMS

    ReplyDelete