Monday, January 19, 2009

Cherubs To Make You Smile!


My love for cherubs began at a very early age. As a matter of fact, my love for cherubs began in the first grade. I grew up in Bucks County, PA and attended Catholic school until the eight grade. I remember my first grade teacher, Sister St. Clair who spent much time with me helping a left-handed child make those circles you drew in your black and white copy book slant to the right. Mine always somehow looked better to the left and time and time again my teacher reminded me of what I was doing wrong. So each night I went home and practiced and then practiced some more. Each morning Sister St Clair passed through the class to review our work and today was my day! I saw the smile on her face and watched her as she placed a tiny sweet cherub sticker on the top of my page and said "Well Done". Hence my love for cherubs began and I can remember that day like it was yesterday.

I am always on the search for cherubs as I find much joy for each one I find. As an Antique Dealer, I am always searching for Cherubs with some history, yet at the Pink Pig you will find a collection of old and new. A bit of history on an old beauty I found is the center painting in the picture which is titled "Cupid Awake & Sleeping - 1897." This famous photograph was taken by a well know New York photographer in the late 19th century and early 20th century by the name of M.B. Parkinson (Morris Burke Parkinson). The model he chose was Josephine Anderson who was the daughter of a friend who worked for him and left her child in his care. Josephine was 4 years old in this photo and continued to model for him for years to come. Josephine Anderson died in 1970.

I hope you enjoy this Stylish Blend of Old and New at the Pink Pig and your search for your special cherub makes you smile as well.




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for following me, so I could come back to your beautiful blog. You are certainly a sister, loving the old with the new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and so I have an award waiting for you here :)http://cuteboo.com/
    Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very beautiful and peaceful there!

    ReplyDelete