Tuesday, January 27, 2009

At Home In The Adirondacks

Westport is an Adirondack community proudly perched on the shores of Lake Champlain. A coastal community to the east, it is embraced by the Adirondack Mountain range to the west. Experience incredible sunrises and the shimmering Green Mountain vista of neighboring Vermont.

I thought I would share a few photo's of my life here in the country in the Adirondack Mountains. It is certainly winter here and the cold, sometimes below zero, temperatures have left us with plenty of snow. Here are some views from our farmhouse, my first store which is a former carriage house and my studio.



Cabin style living and Rustic Retreats are plentiful here in the Adirondacks where decorating your personal retreat includes Lodge Style Furniture and Vintage Beacon Blankets. Here is a rustic cabin taken from the woods. Now a studio of Barbara Smith, she has found her style creating decorative pillows using vintage Camp and Beacon Blankets. Barbara's pillows are available at the store.

With both my stores closed now for the winter months, my favorite past time is now taking photo's of some of the fantastic farms here with here with their livestock in the fields and their fantastic old barns....full of history I'm sure.

I hope you enjoy viewing my photo's of my life in a small town called Westport, NY


7 comments:

  1. Debbie, These photos are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those photos are wonderful-- the silence and peace out there must be great. is there ever a danger of running out of firewood during the winter -- say, if someone is sick and they cant get out to chop more? just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie! Live those pics, stay warm!!! Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is stunning. I would love to visit there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those are beautiful photos. Your blog is very nice. A good read.

    ReplyDelete